"I have Autism, but Autism doesn't have me."

I started this blog to share my thoughts on what is life as a stay-at-home mom. With changes that have developed and shaped our characters here on the homestead, this is now Tristan's blog (Captain's log?) about life with Autism. We will be sharing various topics, focused on Autism, ranging from the professional focus to being in the parent's seat and how every day is different from yesterday and may not come close to tomorrow. There is much to continue learning when it comes to Autism, and as a family, we are sharing our experiences along the way. Pull up a chair, learn, then go out into the world and make a difference with what you've gleaned. Knowledge is Power!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Following Directions Are NOT Just for the Man Behind the Wheel


Ever wonder if women can be as blind to thoroughly reading over instructions or directions as we often point to men being the ones not willing to take a moment to let it sink in? Well, that's what happened to me over this weekend-& I still have hours to go before its Monday again. Tristan has taken one nap over the course of endless days since the last day I remember him taking a nap, so maybe its the brainfog that settles in now and then. I'm attempting to sign up for a little project, the little caption you see to the right here on my posting. As soon as I've completed the sign up and keep in mind the blog goddess for this awesome page is entertaining family and I have to be patient to receive my confirmation emails, I'll have the link on my page for anyone who's interested in checking her site out-it is really cool. So, keep in mind, ladies, gents, and the occasional "What am I doing here?" that you must read the directions, instructions, road signs, etc...before proceeding-it helps. Stay tuned, check in about Tuesday or Wednesday to confirm the link has been added, and stay sane-partially.
Whenever the road seems unfamiliar, stop and take a deep breath. Look for road signs. Just keep the doors locked if there are no street lights....Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment