"I have Autism, but Autism doesn't have me."

I started this blog to share my thoughts on what is life as a stay-at-home mom. With changes that have developed and shaped our characters here on the homestead, this is now Tristan's blog (Captain's log?) about life with Autism. We will be sharing various topics, focused on Autism, ranging from the professional focus to being in the parent's seat and how every day is different from yesterday and may not come close to tomorrow. There is much to continue learning when it comes to Autism, and as a family, we are sharing our experiences along the way. Pull up a chair, learn, then go out into the world and make a difference with what you've gleaned. Knowledge is Power!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Downtime


Face down over Elmo, that's where I'm headed at this point. I've always loved this picture...
Well, I finally just took a deep breath and took a step back to the insanity I've been neck-deep in. Finding freelance writing prospects has been great; now, to tackle the list I've composed so as not to miss an opportunity but to not become overwhelmed at the same time. I've acquired all but one element to improve my soap making, so now its about preparing for that final step off the diving board into the pool of business improvement. Fiber work has tangled me into a ball of yarn, thus having to compose a list of the projects that need to be finished before moving onto new ones had to be done; now, I just have to stick with that commitment.
Spring has sprung, and major nook and cranny cleaning has begun for me; I love this time of year, as I get into corners I typically ignore for six months at a time-the Fall will be my next major cleaning overdose. Purging and organizing has become a huge part of my cleaning expedition this year, nesting-pregnant or not. Being pregnant, I could contribute nesting to my cleaning but I really can't. Homeschool trials are going well; I just have to sit and incorporate our school activity journal to keep track of progress and the things we do for the year. I'm really having fun watching Tristan enjoy learning and showing what he's learning.
With really putting myself into the first four days of the new season, I cut my time with social networking to all but dead. I don't miss it at this point; I think I put too much time into it but I can at least say I'm not signing on to play games to chain mail to my friends. I don't have the time for such things and love the idea that I can keep in touch with people without being overwhelmed with building a farm or sending kissses and heart shaped pillows. And when I see a chick send a guy a "What kind of sexy bitch are you?" quiz, I have to wonder if she's aware he's a GUY, not a CHICK? Hello? Duh?
Plagued by paperwork in need of organizing and finishing, the things I've already stated, and utilizing my time to get things done....wait, did I squeeze in time for myself and maybe a few minutes of downtime so I don't find myself face down over Elmo? Yeap, gotta fit that time in there to keep my sanity and wonder where the box of Cheerios went to....have I vacuumed out the box yet?
"Somewhere in our lives, each of us needs a free place, a little psychic territory. Do you have yours?" ~Gloria Steinem

No comments:

Post a Comment