"I have Autism, but Autism doesn't have me."

I started this blog to share my thoughts on what is life as a stay-at-home mom. With changes that have developed and shaped our characters here on the homestead, this is now Tristan's blog (Captain's log?) about life with Autism. We will be sharing various topics, focused on Autism, ranging from the professional focus to being in the parent's seat and how every day is different from yesterday and may not come close to tomorrow. There is much to continue learning when it comes to Autism, and as a family, we are sharing our experiences along the way. Pull up a chair, learn, then go out into the world and make a difference with what you've gleaned. Knowledge is Power!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

On My Way


"Oh, yeah, that's it-right there.....thanks Mom. A thumbs up for that great back massage/reiki session...."
I loved the Snoopy suit, even if Tristan only wore it for about a month before I handed it down to my youngest sister for her new little man-what a long time ago!
I've composed a list, and then some, and feel confident today as I continue to work on things I need to get done. Still staying off the social networking, and maybe even do it again tomorrow. I don't mind not being there, as I've got my hands full with tasks to complete and opportunities to continue looking forward to.
Tristan and I went to the library today, picked up some books, signed him up for next week's Easter egg hunt, and toodled back home to grab lunch and chill out before reading and settling down for a nap. We found some great books for him, especially the three on cd that I think he'll love. I found a great earthy kids sing along, and really hope he likes that, too. I'm thankful these days that he will nap for the most part, and learning to work around those days where a nap is just not going to happen, per the jumping and party-like cheeriness that undulates from his bedroom like the aroma wave in the Bugs Bunny cartoons.
Dinner has been started and fragrance of roasting chicken fills the kitchen air as I write this post. Tumbling plans for tomorrow's creative activity over in my mind like a load of clothes in the dryer, knowing that we're starting our freshly washed, and the results are pinned on light, airy, and warm-we want to avoid the shrunken wool sweater affect if we stuff the dryer and not pay attention to what gets put in there before hitting the go button.
My current research is beginning to blossom, and I'm happy and amazed at what I'm finding. Interesting history that I never knew about, let along paid attention to or looked for. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds and works out. Speaking of writing, I still have an article to finish before the middle of next week but my priority for today is to sew and finish repairs to a fiber project so it can be on its way and off my list of "Things to Complete After a Long Weekend of Insanity." Yeah, that's the heading for one of my lists.....~Mom
Change
"It is never too late-in fiction or in life-to revise." ~Nancy Thayer
Play
"In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play." ~Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment