"I have Autism, but Autism doesn't have me."

I started this blog to share my thoughts on what is life as a stay-at-home mom. With changes that have developed and shaped our characters here on the homestead, this is now Tristan's blog (Captain's log?) about life with Autism. We will be sharing various topics, focused on Autism, ranging from the professional focus to being in the parent's seat and how every day is different from yesterday and may not come close to tomorrow. There is much to continue learning when it comes to Autism, and as a family, we are sharing our experiences along the way. Pull up a chair, learn, then go out into the world and make a difference with what you've gleaned. Knowledge is Power!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring is Almost Here!


"Tristan's First Garden" 2008
It has been some time since this picture but we are looking forward to gardening again this year; last year's weather was not exactly prospering garden growth and yield weather but hoping for a better growing season this year. Our first garden was located in a community garden project, of which I loved watching other garden plots grow as well as the joy I felt in working in the dirt in our own space that year. Our garden prospects for this year are here at home, working the soil and engaging in "urban edible landscaping." I have it on my writing list for an article/chunk of work focused on gardening in small spaces in a more populated environment...it should be fun.
So, Spring is coming and I'm feeling it. My chronic sinus issues of my lifetime have cropped up again this year, right on schedule. Being pregnant, I can't self-treat as aggresively as I can when I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding, so recovery time is longer than what I care for but for the safety of my child, I'm doing the right thing. A bonus of this Spring is that I'm finalizing my materials/ingredients collection for my new adventures into soap making for my business. I'm soooo excited and can't wait to get started. I'm really looking forward to the process and posting my experiences on my business page, which you can find the link to at the bottom of this page. And yes, writing an article/chunk of work about that, too....yeah!
Ahhhh....warm peach tea with lemon and honey, a coconut macaroon, the never-ending list of "Mom's things to do," and realizing there's Cheerios under the coffee table...are they in my shoes, too? I guess I better check. ~Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment